Thursday, July 23, 2009

Personal budgeting via Internet bank


What if I could have a better overview of my incomes and spendings in the Internet bank. What if money movement would be classified and I could follow it in a simple chart. Then I could keep better track and have a clue what to save and how much money do I really have. Mortgage, grocery, entertainment etc. If its too complicated for a bank to make deals while making payment contracts with companies, I could have a possibility to classify those numbers my self (and a program would memorize my moves), what is what and see the result in a simple chart. Far better, it could be pegged to my husbands Internet bank and we could run a family budget together. After all that I would liked to see forecasts and future periods’ planners as well.

Please someone write a program. Not just some excel chart they offer in the Internet, but some kind of a mix-up of what I see, when filling in my tax return papers and Google analytics.

4 comments:

  1. In US, there is a site called www.mint.com. Some say that it's the best as easiest way to keep an eye on your spendings. Unfortuantely they don't support Estonian banks jet. I already sent them request to add Estonian banks as well into theire supported banks list. Then there should be possibility to export all your transactions automatically to mint.com portal and Mint will do all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mint.com is exactly what I had in mind. I hope they are considering your request. Please let me know if something is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hansapank is also doing their first steps in this direction, having introduced cost-tagging, which i guess are only the first steps in the general direction on online money/budget management from their side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting. Too bad i'm not a client, to test it .

    ReplyDelete