Thursday, May 7, 2009

Arrogance


A while ago I was discussing the fact that advertising people seem to be so fun. Today I’m going to the other end and trying to understand why people think that advertising people are arrogant and is it really so?

 

Firsthand it seemed  that they are arrogant, but only with those, whom they do not want to waste their energy on (I’m talking about advertising heavy machinery, not those show-off rookies). Otherwise in their inner circle and with people they like- they are quite ok. 

Now I’m forced to acknowledge that yes, there are some positive pearls, but is it the recession or cold weather, damn some are really arrogant. They make you feel small and stupid. Even with the matters less important. Their opinion is "The Gold" and others can turn to dust. Although I admit, they have the experience and the knowledge to think that and I do not doubt that this really is gold, they're saying, but there are more pleasant ways to make yourself heard and respected.

Actually it’s funny to watch. Clients are afraid of them, as they do not want to say anything stupid and get "The Look" that burns in the heartbeat. Young creatives are presenting few ideas, which are crushed in the scratch. Now they are shivering before presenting new ones. Is this the environment to work in? It might suit to some people. To those who need strong guidance and authority, to get the wheels going. But what about teamwork, free spirit, open ideas, synergy? Positive thinking attracts positive results. 

Gosh do I love, that I work in a company full of young and free spirits, without a trace of arrogance. 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly, what you are talking about!!! I have experienced "The Gold" look...not okey.

    ReplyDelete